MODERN SLAVERY POLICY
Modern slavery is an unquestionable and indefensible violation of an individual’s basic human rights. Synergy Lifting Ltd. recognises that as a commercial organisation it has a moral and social responsibility to take a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in all forms.
We are committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities, and to ensuring, as far as we are able, that our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
We undertake due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and are in the process of reviewing our existing suppliers. This due diligence includes:
- Understanding our supply chain so as to identify and assess particular product or geographical risks of modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Conducting supplier audits.
- Terminating our relationship with suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan or violate our supplier code of conduct.
We operate the following policies that assist our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Whistleblowing Policy- we encourage all our employees, to report any concerns relating to unlawful conduct, malpractice, dangers to the public or the environment, and any other matter of a serious nature.
- Quality and Sustainability Agreement- we are committed to ensuring that our suppliers adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Suppliers are required to declare that they provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect, and act ethically and within the law in their use of labour.
Synergy Lifting Ltd.