ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
- Legal obligations/responsibilities if appropriate.
- Environmental sustainability policy.
- Sourcing local suppliers where applicable.
- Equipment (using/replacing old equipment with ‘A’-rated energy efficient equipment where possible).
- Assessing current carbon footprint (and ways to offset).
- Waste disposal.
- Treatment of historic buildings.
- Staff training.
Synergy Lifting Ltd commitment is to provide a World-class service that is sustainable and which aims to minimise the environmental impacts of our operations. To meet our environmental commitment, we will:
- Meet and, where possible, exceed all current and future European and national environmental legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Adopt best operational practices to reduce environmental impacts of our activities and policies.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities and ensure our buildings and services are able to adapt to environmental change.
- Monitor, manage and minimise our use of energy and water.
- Minimise the environmental impact of associated travel with our venues and business
- Minimise the amount of waste produced by Synergy Lifting Ltd and partners to encourage greater reuse in recycling.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Consider environmental factors in our decisions and activities including giving due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in our operations.
- Encourage and develop our employees, volunteers, partners and stakeholders to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
To ensure we meet our commitments, we undertake to periodically monitor and review our environmental performance and take corrective action where necessary. This policy will be reviewed annually.
In this statement the term ‘sustainability’ includes the natural, built, economic and social environments.
Synergy Lifting Ltd recognises its sustainability obligations to its staff, visitors, communities and stakeholders – both locally and globally – and to present and succeeding generations.
Synergy Lifting Ltd aims to take a leading role in defining best sustainability practice, and will set its own appropriate and demanding standards where none exist.
Synergy Lifting Ltd is committed to implementing the requirements of all relevant sustainability legislation and regulations and, where possible, exceeding any relevant minimum requirements.
Synergy Lifting Ltd will manage activities over which it has control and which impact upon its various ‘environments’ in accordance with the principles of sustainable development.
Synergy Lifting Ltd aims to raise the sustainability awareness of its staff contractors and stakeholders by promoting the concept of sustainable development and by openly recognising the on-going need to move towards a more sustainable future.
We will monitor our use of natural resources, both non-renewable and renewable, and maximise the efficiency and effectiveness with which they are used, with a view to minimising environmental impacts. We will foster and promote research and education in sustainability – for visitors, within its communities and via conferences, publications and collaborative work.
Synergy Lifting Ltd will provide appropriate sustainability training and development for its staff, and will encourage them to apply sound sustainability practices at work, at home and within the wider community.
Synergy Lifting Ltd is committed to transparency in, and public access, to the formulation and implementation of its Sustainability Policy and objectives. We will formulate, publish, implement and monitor objectives set out in the overall Policy, and will periodically review their efficiency and promote their continued development.
The Sustainability Policy of Synergy Lifting Ltd will be applicable to all its activities and across all its sites.
Synergy Lifting Ltd.