CRANE HIRE & CONTRACT LIFTING FOR ANY JOB
At Synergy Lifting, we offer crane hire and contract lifting services for a variety of projects throughout the UK. Whether these are for short one day crane hires or fully managed contract lift projects on a long-term basis, we have a qualified workforce comprised of an experienced management team and professional operators. Scroll down to see the types of crane hire and contract lifting work we carry out on a regular basis.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
GET A CALL BACK
CPA CONTRACT LIFT CONDITIONS
We work under the terms of the CPA (Crane Plant Hire Association) and in accordance with BS7121 ("The Safe Use of Cranes"). Under the terms of a standard CPA Contract Lift, the crane/equipment, operator and all personnel supplied with the crane (including the Appointed Person) are the responsibility of the Crane Owner.
The Crane Owner is responsible for providing the following:
- Carry out all work in accordance with BS7121 and LOLER regulations.
- Provide a competent Appointed Person who has the knowledge, experience and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation.
- Provide a qualified and competent Slinger/Signaller.
- Plan the lift and operate a safe system of work.
- Provide all Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that the crane supplied is of a suitable type and capacity.
- Provide a crane that is properly maintained, tested and certificated.
- Provide a competent operator.
Additionally, the Crane Owner will provide the following insurance cover:
- Loss of or damage to plant/equipment caused solely by the owners’ negligence in the performance of the lifting contract.
- Loss of or damage to third party property caused solely by the owners’ negligence in the performance of the lifting contract subject to:
- A maximum liability off £100,000 in respect of goods being lifted.
- A maximum liability off £5,000,000 in respect of loss of or damage to third party property or death/injury to third party persons.
(These limits can be increased on request and additional premiums will be charged accordingly).
It is important to note that a CPA Crane Hire agreement only becomes a CPA Contract Lift when the crane owner supplies the Appointed Person and hence, accepts liability for planning and supervising the lift. Specifying the correct type of contract will ultimately improve safety and ensure that the correct system of work is adopted. Under Contract Lift conditions, the Customer still retains certain liabilities and therefore must have the adequate Public Liability / Hired in Plant insurance in place at all times.
CPA CRANE HIRE CONDITIONS
At Synergy Lifting, we work under the terms of the CPA (Crane Plant Hire Association) and in accordance with BS7121 ("The Safe Use of Cranes"). Under the terms of a standard CPA Crane Hire agreement, the crane and operator are the responsibility of the Customer whilst under their supervision and control.
The Customers’ Appointed Person is responsible for planning the lift and all the personnel and equipment involved in accordance with the regulations and best practices as stated above. In addition, under CPA Model conditions; the Customer must provide the following insurance cover:
- Loss of or damage to our plant and equipment whilst on site and under the customers’ control.
- Loss of or damage to goods whilst being lifted.
- Continuing hiring charges whilst the equipment is unable to work as a result of loss or damage.
- Legal Liability – injury to driver/operator whilst under the supervision and control of the Customer along with injury to third parties, including damage to their property, arising from the crane operations.
For hires under CPA Crane Hire agreements, it is important to note the following:
- The Customers’ Appointed Person must have the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation.
- The Crane Owner must supply a competent operator and a crane fit for the intended purpose. BS7121 – Safe Use of Cranes gives a full description of such duties.
- It may be necessary to arrange additional insurance when hiring mobile cranes especially due to the high values of some equipment.
In summary, under a CPA Crane Hire agreement, it is the Customers’ responsibly to fully plan, control, supervise and insure the crane operation and personnel.